Daniel “Tad” Rice has recovered very favorable awards and settlements for victims of defective products, negligence, chemical explosions, electrocutions and other major catastrophic events. He has achieved numerous settlements in excess of one million dollars, including several in excess of ten million dollars. He has won cases through discovery, arbitration, by motion practice and in mediation. Although he primarily practices in catastrophic personal injury cases, he has also won cases for his clients in: Admiralty Law, Construction
Law, Employment Law, Contract Law and Commercial Law.
Tad was born in Mercedes, Texas and has lived in Texas all of his life. He grew up in a small town north of Houston. He worked through college and law school. He graduated from Sam Houston State University and The University of Houston Bates College of Law. In law school, Tad competed and placed in a number of advocacy competitions, and was a Finalist in the “Hofheinz Tournament of Champions” that included negotiation, trial and appellate competitions.
While in college and law school, Tad often worked two, and sometimes three, jobs to help pay his way. He has previously worked as: chemical plant assistant pipefitter/carpenter, metalworker, industrial lathe operator, plant nursery worker, car-alarm installer, cook, bus-boy, waiter, bartender and assistant restaurant manager. During law school he worked full time as a law clerk and eventually a lawyer for what was primarily a “defense” firm. His varied work history has given him real-life experience that gives him a practical understanding of his clients, the defendants, and the facts of a case that could never be taught in a classroom.
Tad is married to his hometown sweetheart and lives with his wife and sons in The Woodlands, Texas.
Mr. Rice is based in Houston, but he has a nationwide practice, and has previously been admitted to practice pro hac vice in the courts of Arizona, California, Illinois, Maryland, and Nevada.
- 2011 – Voted a Texas Top Young Lawyers in Texas, “Rising Star”
- 2012 – Voted National Trial “Top 40 Under 40 in Texas”
- 2013 – Voted National Trial “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas”
- Sam Houston State University – B.A. – 1997
- University of Houston – Doctorate of Jurisprudence – 2000
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyers "Rising Star"
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40”
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas”
- American Bar Association
- State of Texas Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
Admitted to Practice:
- United States Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit of the United States
- Northern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- All Texas State Courts